I declared July to be “YA Novel Month”:
- Princess Academy, Shannon Hale. I think I adore this even more every time I read it.
- Goose Girl, Shannon Hale. This one, too.
- The Tale of Despereaux, Kate DiCamillo.
- A Wrinkle in Time, Madeleine L’Engle.
- The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins. Honestly, I expected it to be terrible, but it’s actually really good. Now I need to buy the sequels!
- A Wind in the Door, Madeleine L’Engle.
- A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Madeleine L’Engle.
- Many Waters, Madeleine L’Engle.
Yeah, I got on a bit of a Madeleine L’Engle kick there (though didn’t read the 5th one, as I really don’t like Zachary in any of the books he’s in [or Max, in the others; why’d she write such self-centered jerks? — and I seem to recall the girls being too nice to these guys, which made me mad, too]).
And between times, when my head needed a break:
- You Can Farm, Joel Salatin.